Marketing activities today can be divided into three segments – Above the Line (ATL), Below the Line (BTL) & Through the Line (TTL) Marketing. ATL includes conventional media like newspaper, radio, television and more. BTL includes unconventional media like pamphlets, outdoor, sponsorship and others. TTL refers to a mixture of ATL and BTL.
Below the line is a direct marketing strategy focused on specific target groups emphasizing on conversions when compared to building the brand. BTL activations help achieve returns and visibility to the brand.
Power of physical media is great as it leaves a deeper impact on the minds of the consumer and a need for sensory processing which can be satisfied by tangibility. Hence BTL campaigns should be an integral part of the marketing plan.
5 reasons why brands should invest in BTL
- BTL campaigns have more to do with consumers as it offers them a chance to experience the brand’s products/ services. This experience goes long way as it crafts an impact on the consumers buying behaviour.
- Innovative style of marketing escalates the credibility of the brand. This platform takes the brand to the consumer’s doorstep for better engagement and fosters the relationship with the customer.
- BTL solutions like sampling, door to door and others, allows the companies to realize their stock
- Below the line, marketing does not have space and time constraints which allow the brands to design their communication in a better form
- BTL marketing helps track conversions and provide a return on investment through the data collected during the campaign